Well, here we are again I am almost another year older! How the hell did that happen? While I might almost be 24 and officially classed as being in my ‘mid-twenties’ (that’s a whole other post) I think it’s important to look back on the positives of being 23. It was another rollercoaster year so, let’s look back and celebrate the good times!.
1. My blog got the highest number of views it’s ever had!
And it’s still growing guys!!
2. Ali and I completed his first tour apart
Something I never thought I’d be able to manage and now he’s off on his second!
3. I was published in a magazine for the first time!
4. I gained confidence in myself – and about time too!
I am much more confident than this time last year. I realised there are some things I’m actually damn good at and no one can take that away!
5. Ali drove around every Sainsbury’s in the local area to try and get me a giant cuddly toy, because he’s the cutest
He couldn’t find the one I initially saw (a giant unicorn saying I believe in you), but he did find me a giant cuddly dragon, we call him Puff and he lives in our living room.
6. I got to play in the most snow I’ve ever seen
Cold, so, so cold.
7. We welcomed BB and Artoo to the family, joining Wickett
Yep, I now have 3 hamsters with Star Wars names. I regret nothing.
8. I got my Fibromyalgia diagnosis
This was a big deal for me and something I’m still getting used to talking about online!
9. I became a published poet
The first of many I hope!
It was everything I wanted and more, I’m already planning next year.
11. I celebrated 10 years with Ali
10 years well spent, and I can’t wait for the next 10.
12. I started my own business
One of the best things I have done in my life.
13. I went to Disneyland
DISNEY, DISNEY, DISNEY, DISNEY. Did I mention Disney? One of my happy places.
14. I saw amazing live music
I’m really lucky to get to go with Ali to see shows, I also went to a few great concerts including seeing Paramore again! 😀
15. I went to London…a lot
What can I say it’s the best city in the world?
16. I finally took my happiness into my own hands
It was something I needed to do, not rely on anyone else or anything else.
17. I got back up again, and again
There were so many points I could have gotten knocked down and just given up, and believe me I wanted to at times. I had to get back up and I’m glad I did.
18. I read a lot of good books
A lot, a lot, a lot. Creeping closer to that 100 mark for 2018 guys…I said I was only reading 50.
So here’s to 24! Let’s see if I can make it even better!