Hello, my lovely, lovely readers!
Now, I’m a big supporter of Pride as you know and recently I wrote my Pride Flag Book Tag and as much as I enjoyed it I realised something. While I was scanning my shelves and my Goodreads I was disappointed in the lack of novels that featured an open LGBTQ protagonist. There were some with those who hadn’t come out or side characters but that was it.
I completely understand and enjoy reading coming out novels but I wanted to read a few novels where it’s not the main point of the story. Where a character simply is LGBT and that’s not a huge thing. So, this year I pledge to read more LGBT books, fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels.
I’ve read a lot of non-fiction about Trans women, a few of the most popular novels with an LGBT main character such as Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, etc but I’m not stopping there!
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
- Autoboyography by Kristina Lauren
- Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg
- Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera
- Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
- The Summer of Jordi Perez by Amy Spalding
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
- Bingo Lover by Tee Franklin
- Chord by Chelsea M Cameron
- Becoming Nicole: The Transformation of an American Family by Amy Ellis Nutt
- Nevada by Imogen Binnie
While this is a decent sized list I, of course, want all of your recommendations as to what I should read! Have you got any favourites that aren’t on this list? Please do let me know in the comments below, add me on Goodreads or follow me on Twitter. I’d love to hear from you!