Christmas for me is all about family and isn’t just about one day! Christmas Eve is full of little traditions for me, and I think as I get older these may adjust again and again. It’s weird that for the first time I’m not in a home with either mine or Ali’s families, it’s just the two of us.
I’m so pleased that Christmas Eve falls on a weekend this year, the thought of having to go to work on Christmas Eve makes me super sad, I don’t know why. So, what does my Christmas Eve usually look like?
- Wake up early and annoy Ali with the fact it’s Christmas tomorrow. Be hyperactive as hell.
- Shower and dress in Christmassy clothes, jumper or hat are suitable.
- Get picked up by Mum to go into town with her, my sister and my Nanna.
- Get a coffee/hot chocolate to kick off the day
- Mooch around the shops and pick up some last minute presents in the sales (Ali usually gets a few more presents here)
- Go home, get any last minute wrapping done, blast Christmas music.
- Go and visit family members start the Christmas cheer
- Hit up McDonalds, ok hear me out. We’re usually so busy with family and the Turkey for the next day is slowly cooking so we get McDonald’s and it’s amazing.
- Get given our Christmas Eve PJs, usually matching my sister
- Be banished from anywhere near certain areas of my parent’s house.
Now, it’s slightly different now I’m older, I go to my own house which will be the first time in our own home! I have no idea if Ali and I will create any new traditions in our own space but I really hope so. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions? Let me know in the comments below!
One thought on “Blogmas Day 19: Christmas Eve Traditions”