I’m so close to getting everything submitted that I can smell the freedom, on Tuesday at 11am it’s all done. I go out for a drive in my car and just take in lungfuls of fresh air, because I know that soon enough I’ll be back in the flat looking at a screen and an essay that bores me almost to tears. Last night I couldn’t sleep, so I decided to try and get down my ‘freedom list’, things that I’m looking forward to doing once I haven’t got any more academic pressure on me. I know I’ll be moving and looking for work but it’s going to be nice to have some spare time again! To be able to pick up a book or go for a walk without feeling guilty for leaving two essays on the table! I’m adding to this list day by day but here it is so far!
- Finish my Cosplay outfit for MCM in May – I have most of the pieces now I just have to put it all together and get a few accessories
- Start writing my own book, finally! – I still love writing but it’ll be so nice to just be in charge of what I’m writing, take my time and not have to show it to anyone until I’M ready. I have a few chapter plans and some great ideas, can’t wait to get them on to paper!
- Read for FUN – Ohh I’m going to shrink my TBR pile!
- Start my Youtube Channel – Keep your eyes peeled!
- Go to Richmond Park – this one can wait until we get some sun.
- Get some good sleep.
- Buy my Kingston Uni Hoodie!
- Get my haircut and eyebrows waxed, feel slightly more like a person and less like a werewolf…
- Go to the V&A
- Go to Madame Tussauds
- Play my ukelele more
- Write whatever I damn want
- Get back into a gym routine!
- Go to Durham to visit Ali’s family
- Find a new car (sorry Harry, I think 20 is the year to retire)
It may looks like a lot but there are no pressure with these, they’re things I can pick up and then change my mind, things I’m in control of. Although job hunting will be happening soon, I’m taking a well deserved few weeks off to recharge and just do what I feel like and recharging my batteries.
As always I love to hear from you, what’s fun on your to-do list? Leave me a comment or a Tweet!
I found the beautiful image on Pinterest by the way!