Hello, hello, hello! I absolutely love tags and want to expand the bookishness of this site, so what better than a bookish tag! I found this over on My Little Book Blog so definitely go and check her out! Now, on with the questions.
1. What was the last book you read?
Baby Doll by Hollie Overton
2. Was it a good one?
So good, incredible for a debut novel.
3. What made it good?
It went deeper than most and made the characters real. It was also interesting to see the captors perspective after their victim escaped.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
Yes! I text my friend almost immediately after finishing saying she needed to read it.
5. How often do you read?
Every day if I can.
6. Do you like to read?
Nothing better than a good book.
7.What was the last bad book you read?
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – a play in book form.
8. What made you dislike it?
The plot was ridiculous and took away so much from the original series.
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Yes I’d absolutely love to, working on it!
10. Has any book ever influenced you greatly?
There are so many and each for a different stage of my life.
11. Do you read fan fiction?
I’ve read a few Harry Potter ones but I’ve never really been into it.
12. Do you write fan fiction?
No, personally I don’t see the point, why not create something original.
13. What’s your favorite book?
How do I choose? Probably 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult I could read that over and over.
14. What’s your least favorite book?
I’m really not sure. Wasn’t a fan of Gone Girl, the twist just pissed me off.
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
Kindle’s are great to travel and get discounted reads but there’s nothing like a good book.
16. When did you learn to read?
When I was really small, I think I could read by the time I was 5.
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
To Kill a Mockingbird, still my favourite classic.
18. What is your favorite book series?
Harry Potter OR The Normal trilogy by Holly Bourne
19. Who is your favorite author?
I don’t have a favourite! I have favourites like J.K Rowling, Jodi Picoult, John Green, Caitlin Moran.
20. What is your favorite genre?
Probably YA, followed by autobiography/biography.
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Often, Game of Thrones is doing that right now.
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
24. Which book do you wish DIDNT have a sequel?
The Hunger Games – could have been done in one long book and not had THAT ending.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
Really depends how busy I am and how much I’m enjoying the book. If I’m left alone I can easily do a book a day unless it’s something like GoT, then not so much.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
Definitely depends on how it’s handled, I always get a little nervous though.
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
The Colour Purple, that was a brilliant movie to match a brilliant book.
29. Do you read newspapers?
If there’s one laying around but normally I read the BBC and the Guardian on my phone
30: Do you read magazines?
Not really, I read The Vagenda and it completely made me rethink what I consumed.
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
Newspapers but ones that have opinion pieces too, like The Guardian
32. Do you read while in bed?
Of course, who doesn’t?
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
Yes, it used to drive my parents mad :’)
34. Do you read while in the car?
Yep, have done since I was a kid.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
No. I’m not keen on having baths often and even then I’m too worried I’ll drop it in the bath…I’m super clumsy.
36. Are you a fast reader?
37. Are you a slow reader?
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
Curled up with lots of cushions and a fluffy blanket.
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
If I’m into the book and not in a slump I will fall into a book and not resurface for hours.
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
It helps but I don’t need it to be.
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
No one, I just kind of started and didn’t stop.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
Haven’t set a final choice yet, I’ll see how I feel once I’ve finished this one
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
Pretty young with as many Jaqueline Wilson books as I could get my hands on.
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
47.What book have you reread the most?
Probably the Harry Potter series. When I was younger I read it every summer.
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
The Colour Purple, To Kill a Mockingbird. I’m not keen on a lot of canon stuff.
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
A big mixture! I think that there should be books on wider issues and not just ‘classics’. There are some great novels on mental health for example that young people could relate to instead of being forced to read Dickens or Austen again and again.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
I don’t think any book should be banned, they should just be age appropriate.
If any of you guys would like to do this take don’t forget to let me know!