I saw this on Susanne’s blog and felt like this was a tag I HAD to do! A book tag and the ultimate book tag at that? Sign me up! So, let’s get this started.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Most of the time I don’t and it’s great! Although I don’t think I could do it non stop for hours, that’s when I feel a little green, I have to have a glance out of the window every now and again. I’ve never actually been sick, I’ve just felt a little off.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you?
Markus Zusak wrote The Book Thief beautifully. The way he created a novel with death as one of its main characters and was able to make me laugh, smile and cry is nothing short of magical. His style is truly magnificent.
3. Harry Potter series or Twilight saga? Give 3 points to explain your answer
- Hermione and Ginny are bad ass girls in the books, in comparison Bella’s really not that smart.
- I fell in love with Harry Potter as a child and I’m still obsessed with it. I think I always will be.
- Because you can just fall into the world and after 7 books you can just sit and read it again.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so what’s in it (besides books)?
Nope, just a rucksack for me but there is almost always a book in there. Who am I kidding there’s always a book in there.
5. Do you smell your books?
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I can read either but I think it’s cool when there’s a little illustration, it doesn’t even have to be of the characters just an object or something to make it more real.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later is wasn’t quality writing?
I really liked Twilight when I was younger but now I look at it and think oh no, how did this get published?
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
My parents didn’t believe I could read books as quickly as I did so they used to try and test me…I always got it right. I was obsessive over any new Jaqueline Wilson books that came out.
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
I have a few of the Penguin books that were 80p, they’re all cute and old.
10. What’s the thickest book on your shelf?
Norton Anthology of Theory and Criticism. No word of a lie you could kill someone with that thing.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as an author?
Yes and yes. I’d love to have a book out in the not too distant future.
12. When did you get into reading?
As soon as I could I did. Not to me though, I always hated being read to.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Jane Eyre, one of the only classics I’ve wanted to read more than once and loved.
14. In school, what was your best subject?
English, Music and Drama. My family was gutted when I didn’t do Performing Arts at college and when I didn’t do Music at uni…I stuck with English though!
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Most people who know me are well aware that I binge read and would probably half expect me to have to return it so it would be no problem.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I honestly don’t know any…sorry!
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
Not keeping up with my scheduling when I know I’m not going to have a change to blog that day, bad Chloe!
18. What is your favourite word?
Fuck…I use it far too much. I just find it funny how such a small word can offend people and have lots of different ways of expressing yourself.
19. Are you a nerd, dork or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Nerd. Forever a nerd.
20. Vampires of Fairies? Why?
Fairies, the Vampire in Scooby Doo made me have a lot of nightmares. Stupid Vampire wasn’t even real. Hmpf.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels because I’m a wuss.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Two words. Remus. Lupin.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires, Zombies scare me shitless.
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
Forbidden love. So done with over dramatised love triangles.
25. And finally: Full on romance or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Hmmm, if I had to pick I’d say the latter but I’m not against a romance if they’re few and far between.
Let me know what your answers are and I tag anyone who wants to do this tag!!